[vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”What is Youth Haven? “]
- Southwest Florida’s only 24-hour residential Shelter for children removed from their homes due to an allegation of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment.
- Child and Family Counseling Center: The counseling center is open to all members of the community and accepts Medicaid as well as works on a sliding fee scale. Youth Haven’s therapists begin the process of mending traumatized lives through traditional as well as cutting edge, innovative therapies including both Animal Assisted Therapy and Certified Play Therapy.
- Emergency Shelter: Collier County’s only shelter for children ages 6-17 placed in Youth Haven’s care by the state of Florida after being removed from their home due to physical (including sexual) abuse, neglect or abandonment. Twenty-three beds are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The children in Youth Haven’s Emergency Shelter receive comprehensive care including medical, dental, psychological, recreational and educational support.
- Family Support and Prevention Services: These services include evidence-based in-home parenting classes. Case management services help families with access to physical and mental health treatment, linkage to services for wrap around support and basic necessities.
- Homeless and Runaway Youth Program: Our teen drop-in center offers youth a safe place to shower, launder clothes, study and socialize. Nutritious meals and snacks are provided every day as well as mobility and safety supports including bicycles, bus passes and emergency use cell phones.
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”How long has Youth Haven been here?”]
- Youth Haven has been serving the Naples area for over forty-three years.
- Youth Haven is continually growing and expanding the services offered and looks forward to the day when every child in Southwest Florida will grow up in a safe and nurturing environment.
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”How does Youth Haven obtain funding?”]
- Youth Haven receives funding through:
- 28% donor support
- 31% government funds including both contracts and grants
- 15% events (net)
- 6% counseling fees
- 20% investment and other incomes
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”How many children reside at Youth Haven at any one time?”]
- 47 children can reside at Youth Haven at one time, not including the children who come to the drop in center or families involved in the support and prevention services.
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”How long does a child typically stay?”]
- Children stay an average of 45-60 days before being placed in a foster home or with a relative, however children can be here for over 365 days depending upon the situation.
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Where do the children go when they leave?”]
- When a child leaves Youth Haven, they are either placed in a foster home or with a responsible and caring relative or adult.