Thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to provide a safe and therapeutic haven for children in crisis, and to educate, support and strengthen families in an effort to prevent abuse and keep children safe. Eligible full-time employees are provided a generous and competitive benefits package.
Youth Care Worker FT/PT & PRN SHIFTS
Local non-profit emergency shelter for children removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect needs dynamic, caring individuals to work full-time/part-time & PRN second & third shift positions within the Emergency Shelter. Youth Care Workers provide supervision of children in residence, consistency and structure in daily routines, assistance with record keeping, and overall duties necessary for the care and well-being of the children, many of whom have suffered trauma and have behavioral challenges.
Candidates must have a high school diploma and two (2) recent years’ experience working with children. AA or BA/BS degree preferred. Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements via e-mail.
Phone calls will not be accepted, to apply please email, fax or apply online by clicking here.
Youth Haven is a drug free, equal opportunity employer and does not, nor shall not, discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, creed, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or religion. Local and federal background checks, and drug screening mandatory. Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Youth Care Worker Activities Coordinator
REPORTS TO: This position reports to the Cottage Manager
PURPOSE: The Activities Coordinator will coordinate all outings, weekly activities, and other enrichment activities for the youth that currently reside in our Emergency Shelter. The overall goal of this position is to enhance the quality and variety of enrichment activities offered to our clients and to coordinate services to ensure effective delivery of services. This position requires an ability to maintain strict confidentiality, coordinate schedules with a number of individuals, communicate with multiple staff, and plan activities staying within a set budget.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: This position is considered NONEXEMPT under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) 29 CFR 778.415 – 778.421. NONEXEMPT employees are entitled to overtime pay under the specific provisions of this law.
- Collaborate with shelter staff in the development and execution of daily/weekly activities that promote individual growth in the areas of physical health, cultural enrichment, arts and music, etc.
- Coordinates weekend outings for the children in the shelter.
- Coordinates activities for the kids for all holiday breaks and no school days as well as coordinates summer activities on campus such as Build a Chair, etc.
- Coordinates campus events that involve our children.
- Provides a weekly email update as well as a monthly calendar with all activities, outings listed on the calendar.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with the Youth Haven leadership team including Directors, Managers and development.
- Communicates with outside programs to enhance communication and implementation of activities.
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of community resources.
- Coordinate, prepare and maintain required charting and documentation in timely and thorough manner.
- Adhere to all client confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Bachelor Level Education
- Experience working with children
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team building skills
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict and cope with crisis situations
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires fingerprinting, drug testing, and pre-employment background screening.