Thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to provide a safe and therapeutic haven for children in crisis, and to educate, support and strengthen families in an effort to prevent abuse and keep children safe. Eligible full-time employees are provided a generous and competitive benefits package.
Youth Care Worker FT/PT & PRN SHIFTS
Local non-profit emergency shelter for children removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect needs dynamic, caring individuals to work full-time/part-time & PRN second & third shift positions within the Emergency Shelter. Youth Care Workers provide supervision of children in residence, consistency and structure in daily routines, assistance with record keeping, and overall duties necessary for the care and well-being of the children, many of whom have suffered trauma and have behavioral challenges.
Candidates must have a high school diploma and two (2) recent years’ experience working with children. AA or BA/BS degree preferred. Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements via e-mail.
Phone calls will not be accepted, to apply please email, fax or apply online by clicking here.
Youth Haven is a drug free, equal opportunity employer and does not, nor shall not, discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, creed, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or religion. Local and federal background checks, and drug screening mandatory. Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PURPOSE: The Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of the fund raising plan as it relates to the mission of Youth Haven. She/he will systematically and effectively strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising. The Director of Development will have primary responsibility for managing the infrastructure needed to grow annual revenue through the solicitation of major gifts, grants, special events, individual giving, planned giving and corporate and foundation support. The Director will be focused on growing an existing portfolio of relationships capable of making major gifts and identifying prospective donors with the intent of cultivating, sustaining and increasing their engagement and investment.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and demonstrated success in fundraising and working with volunteers. This person should command superb fundraising judgment and have outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. The candidate must be an articulate, genuine and persuasive spokesperson on behalf of Youth Haven.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Youth Haven. The successful candidate will help develop new relationships to build Youth Haven’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Director of Development also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances.
She/he will expand and diversify Youth Haven’s donor base and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the Director will work closely with the board of directors and support board members and the Board Development Committee in developing and growing an active fundraising role.
- Lead the effort in collaboration with the ED and management team to develop,
articulate and implement a comprehensive development strategy
- Responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of the development operations including major gifts, planned gifts, corporate giving and sponsorship, fundraising events, grants, research and donor database (Donor Perfect).
- The Director will be focused on growing an existing portfolio of relationships capable of making major gifts and identifying prospective donors with the intent of cultivating, sustaining and increasing their engagement and investment.
- Have primary responsibility for outcomes and deliverables of all funded grants and sponsorships with a long-term relationship building approach
- Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Youth Haven ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to Executive Director, board and management team.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating lasting relationships with donors
- Build, lead, supervise and motivate a high performing development team
- Support and partner with the Executive Director and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- 5 or more years of nonprofit fundraising experience is required, with a record of successfully creating relationships with individual donors.
- Responsibility for a development budget of at least $5m annually from multiple funding sources. Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated donor relationships
- Experience working with donor management systems (preferably DonorPerfect)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- High energy and passion for Youth Haven’s mission is essential
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to be cleared to work for Youth Haven through background screening process
- All other duties as assigned